As our Aurifil Design team is creating blocks during the year, I’m mulling over how to set them.
Each year my job is to create a setting to show off the blocks. With our wonderful red and white blocks I decided to create the center unit.
Then I made 8 star blocks centering this super fun fabric!
Blocks made by:
- Annette Plog petitequilts.com
- Natalie Barnes beyondthereefpatterns.com
- Lissa Alexander modalissa.com
- Karen Miller redbirdquiltco.com
- Beverly McCullough flamingotoes.com
- Laura Piland sliceofpiquilts.com
- Alyce Blyth blossomheartquilts.com
- Carl Hentsch 3dogdesignco.com
- Sedef Imer downgrapevinelane.com
- Andrea Tsang Jackson 3rdstoryworkshop.com
- Kristy Wolf and Shayla Wolf sassafras-lane.com
- Jenni Smith jenni-smith.co.uk
- *** If you are missing some blocks here are the interviews
The quilting will be done by the amazing Karen Miller of Redbird Quilt Co, we can’t wait to see her magic!
I hope you enjoy this setting, it creates a nice size lap quilt!
For my blocks I went with a simple sashing and corner stones. The border fabric has been in my collection for years and I’m thrilled it was perfect for this quilt! With enough to use as backing too.
Visit my Website to download my basic 12 block quilt layout.