Amy Friend (During Quiet Time) is truly one of our favorite modern quilters. We keep a close eye on her Instagram account for her stunningly unique quilt designs, her New England quilt photography, and her breathtaking gardens (which also serve as inspiration for some of those quilt designs)!
We’re ever entranced by her use of color in partner with her repeating patterns and her incredible way of interpreting the natural world into a perfectly paper pieced pattern. We also just love that Amy uses Aurifil 50wt for all of her detailed work. She can attest to its virtues, particularly in the paper-piecing world, where flat seams can make or break a quilt. She has been in AuriLove for over 10 years and we hope she never falls out. You can still grab her stunningly curated Aurifil set via the button below!
Today, we’re simply delighted to give her an additional platform to launch her latest pattern, Farm to Table. We’re certain you’re going to love it just as much as we do!!
Hi, it’s Amy Friend here from During Quiet Time. I converted to an “all Aurifil all the time” thread habit about a decade ago now. I use the 50wt thread for absolutely all of my foundation paper piecing because it lays so nice and flat in the seams. I typically use either the 50 or 40wt for my domestic machine quilting. I specialize in FPP and modern quilt designs.
Today, I’d love to share my Farm to Table Block of the Month for 2023 with you.
I grew up next door to a farm stand and loved being sent over there to buy ingredients for dinner. Today, I am lucky to live in the same town with the same farm stand, as well as a couple new ones, many of which have an honor system method of payment too. I just love that. It’s so nice to pick up locally grown vegetables, or grow them yourself, and bring them into the kitchen to prepare meals and treats for your family. This quilt celebrates all of that!
Let’s see, the quilt stats are as follows:
- The finished quilt measures 60″ x 72″.
- The quilt is entirely foundation paper pieced.
- The cost for the Block of the Month is $65, which works out to only $5.42 a month!
- Individual block patterns will not be available for purchase until 2024, and the BOM is always a better deal!
- Blocks will be released once a month, on the 1st, through my newsletter, so you must subscribe if you are purchasing the BOM!
- Directions assume a general knowledge of paper piecing but I do have YouTube videos available if you need a refresher and I can be reached through email anytime with questions.
- When you purchase the BOM, you will be able to download a Welcome PDF that includes all of the yardage information, precutting directions, etc. It also has a coloring sheet so you can plan.
- My finished quilt was custom quilted by the talented Christina Lane.
I took all of my quilt photos at my favorite local farm stands! I will be stopping by a farm stand shortly to pick up some squash and apples. I love how you can really feed your family with the seasons shopping this way.
So… how do you purchase this BOM? I have a few easy options:
Or try my new, streamlined sign up that automatically places you in the BOM newsletter group:
Finally, if you love foundation paper piecing and modern quilts, I invite you to subscribe to my newsletter. When you first subscribe, you will receive a free FPP pattern. You can also follow me on Instagram @duringquiettime and on Facebook.
Huge thanks to Amy for sharing her new pattern with us! We hope that you’re as inspired as we are!