Color is a key ingredient in this wonderfully creative world of ours. It can change the tone of an entire project, represent time, convey emotion, evoke a feeling… We witness the power of color daily — from the choices made in our quilting to the floss we choose for our latest cross stitch to the visually entrancing Instagram scroll of beauty that captivates us day after day.
We get asked about color all the time… to match a fabric company’s solids line, to coordinate with a new quilt challenge, or to help determine just the right hues to match a particular quilting plan. We’ve always done our best to provide the necessary tools to make color choices easier and as such, our Cotton Color Card has been a mainstay in sewing and quilting studios since its launch back in 2009.
Over the years, we’ve logged some wonderful feedback, both in the form of tips from particular makers on how to more effectively use the color card for accurate color matching to constructive criticism about needing more information close at hand. We’ve taken all of the feedback to heart and have been working to improve upon the classic Aurifil Color Card.
Today, we are thrilled to unveil the result… a game-changing innovation that will revolutionize how you select and match threads for your projects — Introducing the new and improved Aurifil Swatch Book, Volume 1.1.
Swatch Book Features:
- Compact and easy-to-use layout with removable swatch cards, nestled within an informational cardboard booklet, secured with a sleek metal pin.
- Fifteen thread swatch cards showcasing all 270 cotton colors for 12wt, 28wt, 40wt, 50wt, and floss and including tiny brown and yellow spools shown to the left of select swatches to indicate availability of 80wt (88 total) and Forty3 (74 total) hues.
- Aurifil color names conveniently listed alongside color numbers.
- Two informational swatch cards highlighting thread weight details.
- A handy thread legend (in numerical order) to make finding that perfect hue quick and easy.
- Important washing instructions for our three color categories.
We are SO excited about this new release and can’t wait to hear what you think. For now, the Aurifil Swatch Book is exclusively available in the US via Shop Aurifil, but starting this Fall, you can find it at your favorite local quilt store or online retailer as well! If you are outside the US, check in with your favorite supplier!
Happy color matching!