Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday! Ever get that itch to stitch? Bright colorful flowers, a lovely vintage redwork, or a simple saying that means so much to you? So many people love to do embroidery! This week is an offering of ten delightful patterns and tutorials for your stitching pleasure by very talented bloggers and designers. Be sure to try Aurifil floss ( tangle free happiness) or Aurifil 12wt in either cotton or wool to make your embroidery projects extra special!
1. Let’s Get Lost Summer Bicycle Embroidery Hoop Art by Flamingo Toes
2. Tutorial: ‘Love Without Reason’ Embroidery by Sedef from Down Grapevine Lane
3. Pumpkin Spice Latte Mug Pattern by Mollie from Wild Olive
4. [embroidery project] make believe by Lindsey from Very Truly Me
5. Outer Space – Embroidery Pattern by Laura from Love the Blue Bird
6. Summer Flowers For You by Aneela from Comfortstitching
7. Autumn Blessings Stitchable by Lindsay from Fort Worth Fabric Studio
8. Blue Wren’s Nest by Natalie from Cinderberry Stitches
9. Perfect for the holidays- Snowflake Pattern! by Allison from Thirty Handmade Days
10. Embroidery Case Pattern and Tutorial by Imagine Gnats and Sew Sweetness
If you are looking for more free patterns tips, tutorials or inspiration, please follow the Aurifil Pinterest boards, the Aurifil Facebook page and the Aurifilthread Instagram feed! All are updated throughout the day to provide you with the best the sewing world has to offer!
Thanks for sharing these great ideas for embroidery.
This was definitely not the top ten Tuesday I was hoping to find, but what a wonderful surprise! I need to break out some aida cloth and my thread!
Reblogged this on The Beachy Quilter and commented:
Good Tuesday morning!
It’s rainy and cloudy here in Kauai today, so some inside time with the sewing machine will do nicely! Those UFO’s won’t get done by themselves, ya know?! 🙂
For something a bit different, this post came up today from Aurifil. Embroidery is not really my thing, but my mother LOVES it! I can remember as a child, she would have a cigar box full of colorful threads and a tea towel or pillow case in her lap, stitching on those faint blue or red lines to make something special. Do you have any memories of someone in your family quietly stitching during the day?
I did finally get the bug to cross-stitch and have made several things.
Sadly, my eyes can’t handle those tiny holes in Aida any longer and quilting now fills my free time.
How are you going to spend YOUR free time today or this weekend?
Here are some ideas to get you going!
thanks for sharing, i like theme