One of the most wonderful things about the sewing & quilting community is how supportive we all are of each other. Need advice on what threads to use for the topstitching on a handbag? There’s a post for that. Just getting started with quilting and find yourself overwhelmed with thread types and uses? There’s a post for that. New to reading patterns and feeling lost? There’s a post for that too! We are a remarkable and knowledgable community, always willing to lend a hand, share a tip, and teach a friend. Today, we’ve compiled some of our favorite tips & tricks and hope that you find them as useful as we have!
1. Top Tips for Top (Bag) Topstitching — U Handbag
2. Hiding Threads — France Nadeau
3. Aurifil Spools — Aggy Burczyk for Auribuzz
4. Preventative Sewing Machine Maintenance — Threads
5. Make a Stitch Sampler Book — We All Sew, Bernina
6. Top Tips for Jelly Rolls — Pat Sloan
7. How to Read a Sewing Pattern — The Sewing Loft
8. How to Sew a Round Hem — On the Cutting Floor
9. 2 Sewing Tips You Need to Know — Made by ChrissieD
10. Aurifil Thread Info & Carry Case — Sew4Home
Love this list! Thanks
Thank you for this. I’m pinning it, and will return to it many, many times, I am sure.
thanks for including a couple of my sewing tips as a dedicated #Aurigirl I’m thrilled to be here 😀
Reblogged this on The Beachy Quilter and commented:
Disclaimer! I am NOT a thread snob! I use up whatever I have. If you have followed along in the moving to Hawaii journey, you recall I have been stash busting for a while…and that includes thread.
For the most part, it has worked fine. And it feels good to use up stuff.
I was gifted a spool of Aurifil and I tried it out yesterday on a new project (more on that later – Promise!!) and I must admit that my Viking Sapphire seems very happy with it.
Here is the Aurifil blog of Tuesday Tips that I think you will enjoy.
Let me know what thread your machine loves (you know, the machine almost always has the say in this regard, right?!)