Each year I design a layout to showcase the Designer of the month blocks. Everyone this year added black and white to their blocks. I had a wide range of colors which I love about this quilt.
I created 2 different frames for the blocks, alternating the outer frame with black or white prints from my collection of fabrics. It was fun to search through and visit fabrics I’d bought, in some cases, long ago.
The amazing Jamie Mueller of Sunflower Quilts is quilting this piece for Aurifil. It will then be exhibited in the Aurifil booth at some shows. Then it will go to the Aurifil Offices in Milan.
Here is a closeup of the triple frame with the white borders. This is the block designed by Rebecca Bryan for 2018.
The black borders have just the gold print that was an older piece designed by Victoria Findlay Wolfe
I used a lot more black and white prints in mine. I am looking for a fabric with silver in it. I might do a border of white and Aqua for mine, I’m still debating. What do you think?
DOWNLOAD my 2018 Aurifil Quilt layout directions
- See all the Designer of the Month Posts
- All my Tips that I gave each month
- Prior years Patterns and Layout
- Sign up for the Aurifil Newsletter… scroll to the NEWSLETTER box
- Become a member of the AURlfil fan page on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/aurifil.quilt.thread
Definitely go with some Aqua border!